I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

24 October 2007

Where's my trust fund?

Back in high school I knew this kid who came from a sort of wealthy family (wealthy in Port Huron is pretty far from wealthy in London, but they seemed properly rich to me at the time) and he had plans to go onto some sort of lucrative and responsible career. I of course had plans to pursue an English degree and while that meant I would know words like lucrative, responsible and career, it was unlikely that they would ever work together to bring me money.

So, in our Senior year, I stumbled upon an absolutely genius idea! This kid (who I had totally wasted my time on Freshman year when I had a huge and foolish crush on him, he called me like four times and then met some girl at the mall and totally left me hanging. Jerk.) with his responsible plans leading him to the world of financial surplus, should set me up with a trust fund in order to finance my creative endeavours. Sort of like a patron system. He clearly thought it was a good idea. I have written proof in my year book from 1995 that he was at least considering it. Do you think that counts as any kind of binding legal contract? Because I could totally use a trust fund right about now. No joke. I'm not meant for a life of working, I'm meant for a life of leisure.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home