I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

05 November 2007

This Weekend I:

  1. Went here for cocktails and tasty Dim Sum
  2. Saw this and was confused
  3. Ate here and had delicious food (Guinea fowl on asalsify and shallots and crabcakes in a saffron hollandaise) but had really crap service.
  4. Made all my clothes fit in my drawers.
  5. Braved the big Sainsbury's on a Saturday morning.
  6. Hopped a fence in Hyde Park to see this before it got taken down.
  7. Did not bother with the Matthew Barney exhibit. I don't care if Bjork loves him, I don't care for the artwork of Matthew Barney and if this makes me a luddite then I am happy to be a luddite (see also Carolyn's feelings about Duchamp (more commonly referred to as fucking Duchamp) and Andy Warhol)
  8. Bought the book that goes along with this exhibit that we saw in Venice this summer
  9. Ate considerably less fancy dinner at a Thai place in Soho with much better service.
  10. Went to Tate Modern and saw this and this. Was really impressed by both. Especially Louise Bourgeois, I didn't know a whole lot about her before but am really glad I got to see her art now. Especially the rooms she makes out of doors and her spiders. And I hate spiders!
  11. Made a tasty cheesy spinach and egg thing and jeremy made coffee cake and we ate a nice breakfast
  12. took a taxi with Jeremy into town and bought some books and got a ticket to see this.
  13. Said goodbye to Jeremy before he went to the airport (Hence the taxi, we could expense it! Expensing stuff is awesome!) to fly off to Munich for the week.
  14. Ate potstickers and drank bubble tea in Chinatown, before coming home to hang out with Oliver and go to bed.

It was a nice weekend and even though it was busy it always seemed leisurely as well. Except when I cut my hand on the fence in Hyde Park. That just hurt.

7 Comments:

  • At 5 November 2007 at 19:28, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Wow, I miss London.

     
  • At 5 November 2007 at 21:20, Blogger carolyn says said…

    it was a very london weekend. when we were walking from the tate to London Bridge we even realised how lucky we are right now which sounds really smug but is still a nice feeling.

    that said, i am totally homesick for chicago and detroit lately so i am very envious of you close proximity to cheap mexican food affordable nights out and a wide variety of brunch options. christ, i miss good brunch

     
  • At 6 November 2007 at 16:44, Blogger Alannah said…

    I want your weekend.

    You're surrounded by amazing art. We have brunch options.

    Brunch vs. Art....I gotta say - you make a compelling argument. I'd be hardpressed to call a winner in that fight.

     
  • At 6 November 2007 at 21:11, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    You did more that weekend than I did all last week... and you hopped a fence! Way cool.

     
  • At 7 November 2007 at 00:00, Blogger carolyn says said…

    if only someone could combine brunch and art! the perfect combination, after peanut butter and chocolate

    shit, 9er i did more last weekend than i've done in the last month. sometimes we get these random bursts of energy, i'll need to recharge for the next year

     
  • At 8 November 2007 at 18:36, Blogger ReckenRoll said…

    ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK
    Suddenly very very London-sick right now.
    THANKS A LOT CAROLYN!!

    (crying into tea)
    sadcakes.

     
  • At 9 November 2007 at 11:27, Blogger carolyn says said…

    don't blame me for decisions you made miss seattle!

    i bet seattle has way more cheap mexican food than london could ever dream of anyhow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home