I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

15 June 2007

Meme, the first one I've ever done on this blog

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place.Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) What Greg Likes
2)A Blog of a Good Time
3) Classy (c'est moi!)
4) 5 of 9er
5) carolynintheuk

Select five people to tag:
Alannah
LorMo Inc.
Reckenroll
ByOtherMeans

I think everyone else on my list has been tagged. I'm not so blog popular yet

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Getting ready to move to Detroit after spending a year in purgatory at my parents' house in Port Huron, finishing up my stint as computer sales person at the Best Buy, writing lots of melodramatic confessional poetry, having a big crush on a boy who reminded me of Neal Cassady, chain smoking, and drinking lots of beer. And just generally waiting for something better to happen.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Temping in the Old Brompton Public Library and trying to decide if I should keep temping for a pittance or take a job that paid more but looked kind of dull as a team leader in the file factory. I was working harder on my novel then too.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Cadbury's Crunchie Bars
2) Rolos
3) corn chips and guacamole
4) Top Shelf Ramen in the blue pack
5) Jam Cream Biscuits

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1) Baby, Would it Matter by Jenny Toomey
2) Silient all These Years by Tori Amos
3) Blister in the Sun by The Violent Femmes
4) Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
5) Veronica by Elvis Costello

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Buy Oliver a diamond collar
2) Buy a lot of old typewriters
3) Turn the second bedroom into an awesome writing room
4) Go out to really expensive restaurants more often
5) Quit my day job

Five bad habits:
1) Procrastinating.
2) Being Messy
3) I can be really forgetful
4) Sarcasm
5) I love getting food delivered but I hate calling to order it

Five things you like doing:
1) Reading books
2) Trying to write a book
3) Watching teen movies
4) Cooking
5) Drinking Sangria on a hot day

Five things you would never wear again:
probably
1) Troll earrings (novelty earrings of any sort really)
2) A black plaid trench coat
3) My beautiful pink graduation dress (it doesn't fit any more, not by a long shot)
4) Pin rolled acid wash jeans
5) Khakis and a Best Buy uniform shirt

Five favorite toys:
1) Dominos
2) Cat fishing pole
3) Bust-a-move
4) Scrabble
5) Frisbee

8 Comments:

  • At 15 June 2007 at 16:22, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Rolos - good one!

     
  • At 15 June 2007 at 16:55, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    A fantastic post! Love the Port Huron, Rolos, Jenny Toomy, and Sangria! Nice work. :)

     
  • At 15 June 2007 at 17:11, Blogger Alannah said…

    You know all the words to "Blister in the SKY??!!" Are you sure that's not "SUN?"

    yeah yeah....I'll get to mine later. Gotta think about it first.

     
  • At 15 June 2007 at 17:21, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i'm a jerk. i better hit the edit button so no one else notices

     
  • At 16 June 2007 at 01:40, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said…

    Since you're a former Best Buy worker, can you help me install my stereo? If not, can you help me "pin-roll" my jeans? Is that the same as "tight-rolling?"

     
  • At 16 June 2007 at 12:31, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i did not work in the audio department, i worked in home office so no i cannot help you with that stereo, but i can sell you a warranty with that computer.

    i believe that tight rolling and pin rolling are very similar, we just used pins (bobby or safety depending on your skills) to hold the folded over bit in place. i always messed it up though and at least one cuff would be hanging around my ankles by lunchtime.

     
  • At 18 June 2007 at 04:17, Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said…

    what is bust a move, besides the Young MC song?

     
  • At 18 June 2007 at 06:51, Blogger carolyn says said…

    bust-a-move is a computer / video game that i like to play. they used to have it at both the rainbo and the fireside in chicago, but it's been at least 4-5 years since i played it at either of those places, but now it's online too. you have to shoot marbles into blocks of three or more until you clear all the pre-existing marbles off the screen. and there are dinosaurs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home