I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

01 June 2007

Food hangover

Food just isn't good anymore. I had perfectly nice fish and chips for lunch, with better than usual mushy peas even. But they had nothing on my dinner Wednesday night.

And I know, I know, a girl can't expect food like red pepper sorbet or hand made ravioli served on asparagus with a frothy sauce made from Jerusalem Artichokes every day, but WHY NOT?

Why can't i have chocolate fondant made from 70% dark chocolate and served with it's own special liqueur and vanilla ice cream every day? I deserve it and it would make me happier, no joke.

6 Comments:

  • At 1 June 2007 at 16:20, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmm.... that stuff sounds good! I'd like to have chocolate ganache torte, Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta, and blue pixy sticks every day. Haha, I guess that doesn't sound too fancy, but still DE-LISH!

     
  • At 1 June 2007 at 16:30, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    You can't, silly, because if you did you would not be able to enjoy things like Chicago pizza or roast turkey or other "normal" foods that we have to eat the other 99% of the time.

    PS - I would kill for some good English fish and chips right now. SO look at the brightside!

     
  • At 1 June 2007 at 16:34, Blogger carolyn says said…

    but i don't want to look at the bright side! i want more fancy food!

     
  • At 1 June 2007 at 17:21, Blogger Alannah said…

    I would kill for all that awesome Indian food over there.

     
  • At 4 June 2007 at 14:18, Blogger carolyn says said…

    yeah i know. but the good curries have become commonplace to me now. also i still like Udupi Palace on Devon Ave in Chicago better than anyplace i've been here (except maybe one place but I can't remember its name right now so clearly we haven't bonded in the same way I bonded with Udupi Palace)

     
  • At 4 June 2007 at 16:51, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I get bored with food often... but that still does not slow me down from eating. Strange.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home