I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

04 June 2007

back in the mines

My medical leave is over. I should not be taking the time to type this but I am feeling low and reaching out to the interwebs is clearly the only way to lift my spirits.



Today or tomorrow we will find out if the potential big news mentioned recently will actually be big news or will have taken up our time and concern for naught.



Yesterday we went to Richmond Park with some friends and saw the parakeets that have nested there after being set free (or rather, after their domesticated ancestors were set free) and we rode our bikes an ungodly amount. I am a sedentery person, it is only through the good graces of my metabolism that I am not a huge fatty who has to wear muu muus and be air lifted out of her house. Physical activity is not my cup of tea unless it involves a short walk to the pub, restaurant or chocolate shop. Therefore, this bike ride over hills and in traffic kicked my ass. I know it was good for me and I know, intellectually, that it was a really good way to spend the day. But my ass hurts and yesterday my thighs hurt so badly that I could barely walk up the stairs to my bed.
This is a picture of all of us at the end of our picnic. Our friend Tom took the picture from a tree. The picnic was my favorite part of the day because it involved cookies and sitting and parakeets.

5 Comments:

  • At 4 June 2007 at 16:49, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    White Castle seems to lift my spirits... and my cholesterol... which bums me out. Hope your spirits are lifted soon. :)

     
  • At 4 June 2007 at 17:02, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Happy Monday. By the time you get this, the day should be almost over. So congratulations!

     
  • At 4 June 2007 at 20:21, Blogger Alannah said…

    Yes, you should be at home by now.

    Picnics are awesome. I hope your muscles have forgiven you today!

     
  • At 6 June 2007 at 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's such a pretty pic!

     
  • At 8 June 2007 at 13:52, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I grew up not far from Richmond Park and I really love it. The first of the flocks of parakeets was seen at the rugby club at the bottom of my road when I was a kid, and now there are thousands of them all over London and the south-east. I always find it amusing when I see them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home