I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

08 June 2007

Plans for today

  1. conduct team meeting where I tell everyone "It has come to my attention that people on our team have been discussing other team members in locations where they can be clearly overheard. This has to stop. If you have an issue, a work related issue with one of your colleagues, you need to speak with me in private and you should also be prepared to put the information in writing, should it become a larger issue. Likewise, if you have an issue with me and you are not comfortable addressing it with me you need to take it up with my manager. If you absolutely cannot fight the urge to complain about your coworkers you need to do it outside of the building and out of earshot of both your coworkers and the client. If this behavior persists it may result in disciplinary action."
  2. "Oh, also, stop referring to people by their nationalities and or race. For instance, it is not appropriate to say, The German just brought me a new request, or this came from The Coloured Girl." Learn names or refer to seating locations."
  3. Try not to shoot self out of disgust that people can't figure this shit out for themselves! I mean for real! How hard is it to figure out that neither of these behaviors are appropriate? It shouldn't ought to be that difficult. I can already predict that one person's reaction will be that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you know what?g Fuck that. Neither of these are particularly difficult tricks. They are common courtesies and I'm tired as hell of having to act as mother to my department as well as Team Leader/Manager.
  4. Try not to punch the person who said "While you were gone, I had the first headache I can remember having in years from answering all the queries you handle and doing your collection." i think my response was something along the lines of "oh can rememebr my last headache without any trouble at all."
  5. Weep on the inside.



so much for trying to stay positive, hey?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home