I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

23 May 2007

Brighton

I didn't do a whole lot in Brighton. I had a bacon sandwich. I looked in little boutiquey shops. I sat by the sea and read a trashy book. I drank coffee with no GI distress (A victory!) I had a delicious piece of vegan banana chocolate cake (I was too busy eating it to take a picture but it was delicious and beautiful, there were actual CHUNKS of chocolate in it!). it wasn't a very exciting day but it was really nice to sit next to the sea and listen to the waves. I thought about buying things and about doing things but the effort required for nonfood transactions just felt like too much bother.

I also got a bit of a sunburn.

I was home by eight o'clock and got a phone call from Jeremy with potentially BIG news. But nothing firm enough to offer more than that teaser. He's in Chicago right now for work



OH! And I saw these totally creepy carousel horses! They have names.

7 Comments:

  • At 23 May 2007 at 22:00, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a nice time! The beach looks great. It's a shame living in the Midwest sometimes :(

    And I agree. Those horses are creepy!

     
  • At 23 May 2007 at 22:18, Blogger carolyn says said…

    there are beaches in my part of the midwest, michigan has them in abundance, word is minnesota has a few too

     
  • At 24 May 2007 at 18:17, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Keeping my fingers crossed about the big news.

     
  • At 24 May 2007 at 18:22, Blogger Alannah said…

    Neil looks scary indeed.

    Excited about both the possibility of big news AND your time off. Were you reading a trashy romance novel? bow chika bow bow!

     
  • At 24 May 2007 at 19:59, Blogger carolyn says said…

    maybe it was alannah,maybe it was.

    and we aren't sure which way we need fingers crossed for on the big news yet. i'll have more details tonight hopefully. but don't worry, it's nt a baby

     
  • At 24 May 2007 at 20:34, Blogger Alannah said…

    If it IS a baby, I'm voting for Neil or Gemma.

    Just kidding. I just can't get over the named carousel horses.

     
  • At 24 May 2007 at 23:59, Blogger ReckenRoll said…

    I love they have such British names. Only thing better would have been if they were Nigel and Alistair.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home