I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

29 January 2008

We saw Gilbert and George walking in Shoreditch on Saturday night. Jeremy recognised them first and pointed them out to me which made me jump up and down yelling 'Art stars! Art stars!'

The Jeremy decided we needed to follow them to get their autographs and I mentioned that I don't even like their art and we decided we would walk up to them and say 'Hi we think your art is pretty crap, but could we have your autograph anyway?' Then we got the giggles and fell too far behind them to continue stalking.


It was a missed opportunity.


Afterwards we attended a moustache party where Jeremy's twizzled ginger moustache lived out it's final moments before being shaved off on Sunday. I wore a hate that offered mustache rides (it was an American hat) for the discounted rate of only 10 cents. I had to explain what a mustache ride is to quite a few people and was shocked at the British naivete I encountered.


On the way to the party a large biker type guy gave Jeremy a funny look as we walked through Stratford, after the large man had passed out of hearing distance Jeremy looked at me and said 'That man wishes he had a mustache like this.' And I said, 'Yes, it's because your dick is sooo big.' And then we laughed and laughed again. Then we went to the party and had a wonderful time, although a girl in a blue dress with her moustache on her chin (how silly!) spent a bit too much time close talking my man. I thought about getting all Loretta Lynn on her and sending her on a trip to Fist City but then I decided to have some more wine, because really, that twizzled ginger mustachioed hunk hunk is all mine, I've got no need to worry about a hussy in a blue dress.

Please excuse the multiple spellings of m(o)ustache in this entry, expatriate living can be confusing.

6 Comments:

  • At 29 January 2008 at 15:38, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    My friend took me to the Middle Eastern restaraunt that they apparently eat several nights a week, somewhere in Hackney although I don't remember exactly. Sadly (or not), they were not there at the time we were dining.

     
  • At 29 January 2008 at 16:00, Blogger carolyn says said…

    maybe that's where they were walking to when we saw them. when they were crossing the street a taxi driver honked at them and gave them a double thumbs up which i thought was preet fucking cool

     
  • At 29 January 2008 at 19:16, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No need to worry about a hussy in a blue dress? Tell that to Hillary Clinton.

     
  • At 30 January 2008 at 09:51, Blogger carolyn says said…

    bill did not have Jeremy's moral fortitude

     
  • At 30 January 2008 at 20:01, Blogger Alannah said…

    I think either spelling of m(o)ustache is considered correct. At least that's what the internet told me last year when I was researching the exact same thing.

    Jeremy looked quite dashing with his pirate-y facial hair!

     
  • At 31 January 2008 at 10:24, Blogger carolyn says said…

    he does not look dashing at all. no positive acjectives should be used to describe that ginger atrocity! I didn't mind the beard but i found the mustache and chin strip to be more than I was willing to handle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home