I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

19 December 2007

Year in review

Worst things of the year
  1. Being put in charge of the stupid Legal Records team
  2. Finding out exactly how cold and damp my house is
  3. Family drama (imagine me saying it DRAH-MAH like an old drunk queen)
  4. Stinky and the Temp Wot Came from Essex
  5. Car crashes in Michigan
  6. Arthritis that won't go away
  7. Stomach pains and the stress that exacerbated them

Best things of the year

  1. Paris! Food in Paris, Drink in Paris, looking at Paris, Ice Cream in Paris, Chocolates in Paris, Paris Paris Paris! France, not Hilton)
  2. Venice! Gelato! Prosecco! Yay!
  3. Buying a house
  4. Meeting my baby niece for the first time ever
  5. Seeing my big kid nieces for the first time in ages
  6. Jeremy (he's a static best thing)
  7. Oliver (also a static best thing)
  8. Seeing my friend Lori and Harmony for the first time in years
  9. Spending good non crazy making time with my folks
  10. Learning that I am capable of handling being put in charge of the stupid Legal Records team
  11. Getting comfortable in my skin again for the first time in years
  12. Discovering that I am, in fact, "Everything that is good about America!" Sorry, baseball and apple pie, it's all me!
  13. Having at least three, possibly five wonderful glimmery wow my life is really good moments (quality not quantity that counts here)
  14. Seeing that my best things totally outnumber my worst things. Fucking sweet!

4 Comments:

  • At 19 December 2007 at 20:46, Blogger Alannah said…

    And if you counted each of those reasons why Paris and Venice are so wonderful, you'd have an even heftier Best List.

    Here's to 2008 being even better,though, shall we?

     
  • At 19 December 2007 at 21:04, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    The best things totally out weigh the poop... way to go!

     
  • At 19 December 2007 at 21:05, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    Oh... and Menomena kind of remind me of Pavement. Very quarky indie rock.

     
  • At 20 December 2007 at 13:40, Blogger carolyn says said…

    but alannah, that would be cheating and cheaters never win.

    9er, i like pavement so i bet i would like menomena. i already like their name

    have you heard the go team? they might be up your musical road too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home