I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

05 January 2008

New Year, New Snot

Oh I have had the sickness all week long. My yearly chest cold that often turns into bronchitis. I held off the bronchitis this year with some aggressive dosing of LemSip, Walgreen's Nite Time (smuggled in by anyone wishing to visit us in London), Beecham's All-In-One, and lots and lots of hot tea. Oh and sleep. i slept more this week than I have slept all year I think. In a sneaky bit of good bad luck my account at work was deactivated accidentally so even though i went to the office every day but Tuesday (Bank Holiday) and Friday when I actually called in I wasn't really able to do a damn thing so I didn't feel too bad about leaving the office early every day. Next week is going to be totally miserable but I won't have bronchitis so I think it will be totally worth it.

I spent New Year's Eve at home after briefly venturing out for Thai food with Jeremy and some friends. They went on to a party at Scooterworks UK where I hear they had a lovely time. i was awake at midnight but only enough to blow my nose and swig down the aforementioned Nite Time. I'm not a huge New Year's fan, it's a pretty over rated party night most years and I've only had a few really fun New Year's eves in my adulthood, too many expectations. So I didn't mind staying home like an old lady and fighting with Oliver for space in the bed.

I've got now resolutions this year. I already started going to the gym again right after Christmas and if I claim I'm going to be cleaner or more driven I'll only disappoint myself. Not that I won't try to be those things, I totally will, but I'd rather not add in any extra pressure. i prefer setting resolutions for myself around my birthday when I start feeling totally old and creatively unfulfilled.

Tonight I ventured out of the house and into Brixton where we had burritos at Dogstar and then saw Heima at the Ritzy. It was a good return to the outside world even if I am back home at 9pm preparing to fight that sneaky Oliver for bed space again. He is a demanding cat.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home