I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

27 December 2007

Back in the File Factory

Gosh, it's hard to come back to work after two lovely days off. Two days spent reading in bed and watching movies. For Christmas dinner we made polenta with mushrooms and the following roasted vegetables: Endive and radicchio (too bitter for my tastes but Jeremy really liked them), roasted heads of garlic, butternut squash and apples, green beans with garlic, carrots in lemon juice, and fennel with red onion. We also sauteed some dionsaur kale and Jeremy made fresh bread that we spread the garlic on. It was all pretty tasty.

My favorite was the squash and apple dish followed closely by the green beans with garlic. My breath currently makes people run away with fear. I also had Gin and Tonics on Christmas eve because it's okay to drink gin on a Monday if you don't have to be at work on a Tuesday. I'm pretty sure that's in the Bible, probably in Acts or something, there are a lot of rules in Acts.

But now I'm back at my desk trying to motivate myself and get moving again. At least next week is only a four day work week to ease me back into the 5 day work week after. Still I'd rather have today and tomorrow off. Maybe I'll have a Gin and Tonic tonight to help ease the pain.

1 Comments:

  • At 27 December 2007 at 16:46, Blogger Alannah said…

    I need a REAL holiday break.....not all this shuffling from one family to another and eating tons of crap sort of break.

    Your meal sounds incredible!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home