I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

19 September 2007

Cornwall; I saw no wall of corn

Tracy ordered me to write about Cornwall but i don't have my pictures online yet so I will just give a brief overview.

We stayed between Penzance and St Ives in a house on the edge of the world with a view of the sea. We went to Tate St Ives and I learned about Sister Corita of the Immaculate Heart who is awesome. we also went to the Barbara Hepworth house and garden. Then we had cream tea, and let me tell you, cream tea is something special. It had nice dark tea and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam. It was awesome.

We went to St Michael's Mount at Marazion but the castle was closed. It was okay though, because it was still awesome to walk to an island at low tide. There were swans in the ocean. There was also an awesome dog who kept flopping into the tide pools.

We walked to the Tinner's Arms in Zennor using the cliff path and saw some of the most amazing views. Pictures to come of Gurnard's Head in the sunset later. Then we walked home across cow fields and I saw 4 shooting stars. Nobody else saw them so the accepted theory is that I made up the shooting stars due to the 4 pints I drank and the chicken curry. But the stars were real! I was not nearly tipsy enough to imagine such a celestial occurrences.

Also, did you realize that there are a lot of stars in the sky? Like way more than i ever get to see from south east London? And I mean MILLIONS and KABILLIONS more! It's a pretty awe inspiring phenomenon. I haven't seen that many stars since the last time I was in Nebraska.

Overall, it was a really nice trip despite that fact tat a very drunk man at the Admiral Benbow informed Jeremy that he (Jeremy) was clearly gay for wanting to wash his hands after having pee. If that makes Jeremy on of the gays then I am happy to be his beard for the rest of my days. Who'd want a straight fellow if they all come with dirty hands? Goodness sakes!

Now I've got to go to Harlow in Essex to learn how to be a better Leader at the file factory. I won't be taking pictures of Harlow. Don't worry, you won't be missing much.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home