I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

28 August 2007

Holiday Approved

I just submitted my request to take off the 19th of November until the 3rd of December and it was immediately, happily approved.

We're going to spend two full weeks in Michigan. We'll get to have family Thanksgiving for the first time in 4 years. It's still far enough away that I am totally excited about spending half of that time with my family. Jeremy's cousin is getting married as well and I really like both her and her fiance. In fact I really like most of Jeremy's family. They are a pretty nice bunch. If I'm honest, my family's not so bad either. Not ALL the time anyhow. And when we're all pretending to be reasonable grown up people (and so long as there is plenty of beer) we get along reasonably well.

Mostly it will be nice to sleep in a lot and not have to work at all.

Also, I am reasonably excited about staying at Jeremy's Grandparents' house while they are in Florida. They have a leopard print bathroom. I will definitely take pictures

6 Comments:

  • At 28 August 2007 at 16:24, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    And I thought you would be coming to Chicago to celebrate my birthday... which right around that time. Darn! But how can you not go with the leopard print bathroom... that will always win! :)

     
  • At 28 August 2007 at 16:53, Blogger carolyn says said…

    I'll sit in the leopard print bathroom and think happy birthday thoughts towards Chicago for you.

     
  • At 28 August 2007 at 16:54, Blogger Alannah said…

    You really deserve this....but after Copenhagen and Paris and Venice will family time in Michigan even feel like a vacation?

     
  • At 28 August 2007 at 17:04, Blogger carolyn says said…

    it will to a point, because it will be comfortable. when i'm stuck in the woods in BFE michigan i won't feel guilty about sleeping till 11 and watching tv all night with my folks while i drink crap beer. and it will definitely feel like vacation when i get to hang out in detroit with my university friends. lately, whenever i go someplace familiar it feels like the best possible vacation because i don't have to worry about anything. even the stuff that i know will drive me crazy is expected and therefore dealable. there will be no major language barriers and i know how to ask where the bathroom is.

    sure the public transportation will suck, but i know where to go for good pizza, lebanese food, and cheap beer. what else do you need on a vacation

     
  • At 28 August 2007 at 18:56, Blogger Alannah said…

    You really don't need anything else.

     
  • At 29 August 2007 at 16:55, Blogger LORMO said…

    U.S.A.!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home