I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

04 September 2007

Things I'm Doing These Days

  1. Not drinking until the 13th of September at least. I had a rotten hangover this weekend and it made me decide to give the booze a break for awile. This Saturday will be my first challenge as Harvey and Paula are having a barbecue that is sure to involve copious amounts of Midori based cocktails. But I want to see how I feel after some extended time off from the hooch. I'm allowed to start again on the 13th because we'll be on holiday in Cornwall for a long weekend. But if I'm liking how I'm feeling maybe I won't.
  2. Feeling excited about our new dining room table. It's round with a teak veneer and it is from either the decade I was born in or the one immediately before. It is sitting next to our dining room window and i can sit at it in the mornings and write.
  3. Also feeling excited about our new LadderAx shelving units. They went into the second bedroom and the computer will sit on one of them and all our crap will go into their lovely drawers adn shelves and then there will be room for my typewriter. That will be cool as hell.
  4. Trying to ignore the nausea I am starting to feel in my stupid stomach again.
  5. Hating on my job but trying hard to wait and see how the changes my new boss has in mind work out.
  6. Cuddling with Oliver whenever he is available for my attentions (I am clearly the needy member of our relationship, this morning he headbutted me awake and I nearly died of joy)
  7. Trying not to sink any deeper into the PreMenstrual Malaise that trying to drag me down like the mud pit in Neverending Story.
  8. Not winning at the moment.
  9. Next will be better and if it isn't I will run away to someplace with gelato and waterbased public transportation.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home