I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

11 June 2008

I hate my head

I have had a head cold practically forever (in this instance forever = approx 2 weeks) and I am tired as hell of it. Whenever I get sick I get this horrible loud disgusting sounding cough that makes people think I am dying. So even when I no longer feel unwell enough to stay home, I still sound all contagious and grody and it is no fun. No fun at all.

Also I have been having weird dizzy spells so I went to see the doctor and had some blood tests done and now I am waiting for results and whilst waiting for results I am imaging the most horrible diseases possible must be germinating in my body just waiting for discovery as they gleefully rub their diseased hands together and cackle at my misfortune. I'l probably be dead by next week, just wait.

Or I just need to stop eating rice krispy treats for breakfast, whatever.

But, our bathroom is very nearly completely done. The shower works (but the water temp needs to go a little lower so it is not always almost too hot), the bathtub is awesome and the toilet flushes like a champ. we just need to put up the cabinets and fancy light over the mirror, and get the underfloor heating hooked up. The whole thing is really pretty and well layed out and I am pretty in love with it. I will post photos once the light and cabinets are sorted. Eventually we are going to get a stained glass panel to put in the window so we can throw out the tatty curtain currently in use.

We are also looking for a small table for the bedroom and some sort of comfy yet still stylish mid century modern leather chair for Jeremy to go in the living room. He needs something to lounge in, but stylishly so. We were down in Crystal Palace at the awesome antique market there on Saturday and it was way more crowded than usual and we both felt very concerned about the all the people in our secret shop until we realised that it only seemed crowded because we were there before noon instead of rushing through like crazy people an hour before closing.

And, most importantly, there are only 12 days between me and the Dominican Republic. 12 short and tiny days. I bought a new bathing suit, a floppy hat, a sundress, a short jean skirt, and a cover up thingama in preparation. Bring on the SPF 50 I'm going to the tropics.

2 Comments:

  • At 12 June 2008 at 14:43, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    Waiting is the worst... I think everyone goes through all of the bad things a blood test might tell. It might just be part of being a human... or a dork. Guess I'm a dork. :)

     
  • At 13 June 2008 at 13:47, Blogger carolyn says said…

    hey wait, are you calling me a dork?

    well i think you're the dork, dork. but you aready said that :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home