I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

02 June 2008

for the love of pooping!

So before I was grouchy about hpw I had no shower. Actually I had no clue, that was before I spent the weekend without a toilet. Mario the builder claimed we would only be without a toilet on Friday night and Saturday during the day. But mayve the Slovakian word for Saturday is the same as Sunday and Monday morning because guess what we still don't have? A goddamned toilet!
He also thought it would be an awesome idea to use one of our nice towels to mop up the leak from the toilet pipe. And then he just threw it onto the trash heap that is currently our back garden. Normally I don't give that big a shit about my towels, they're just towels after all, but then I've never used any of them to mop up leaks from the toilet pipe either, and I certainly wouldn't use the ones we were given as wedding presents.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have cared but by day 2 of no toilet I was kind of at the end of my rope. Luckily some friends of our were out of town over the weekend and were kind enough to leave us keys to their flat so we were able to shower and use the facilities, and then on Sunday they were again kind enough to let me crash again, but I just really want my house and my poop room back to normal again. Mario claims he will be finished today, but I have my doubts.
The tiles are all at least in and tey are beautiful, the shower head and tray have been installed, also lovely. But really, mostly, I just want a functioning toilet and unmolested towels right now. Is that so much to ask?

1 Comments:

  • At 2 June 2008 at 17:26, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I remember when I moved to NYC... when my roomates and I got to the apartment and walked in the bathroom was empty... no toilet, no sink, and half a shower. Thankfully we knew someone in the building.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home