I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

15 May 2008

I like books

I recently joined a website called BookMooch. It's set up to allow people to trade books all over the world and it's pretty cool. You only pay for the cost of shipping the books away from you and in return you get books back. It all works on a point system based on where you send the books. If you send the book to someone in your own country you get one point and if you send it out of your country you get 3. Likewise it costs you points to request a book. 1 point for books in country and 2 for out of country. You get to set up a wishlist and they tell you when the books you want become available. It;s a really nice setup that lets you get rid of the books you don't want anymore and also lets you pick up a bunch of sort of free books as well.

A lot of people register the books on BookCrossing so you can trace them around the world as well. I've only been doing it about 4 weeks now but so far I am very happy with it. The costs of shipping the books is much less than purchasing new books and I find it really nice to receive these little bundles in the post. Even though I've requested them and I know they are coming it is still awesome to get packages that aren't bombs or coated in Anthrax.

So yay for books! Especially the fluffy books I would normally feel guilty about buying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home