I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

09 May 2008

You wanna know what works?

Acupuncture, that's what works! I was in pain all day yesterday after my physio therapy appointment with Andrei the sadist and then I went to see Dan the hippy and he stuck needles in my neck, hands, lower back and left ankle and when I stood up at 9pm I was no longer in pain!

Conclusion: Dan the hippy fucking rules and deserves the £40 I give him each week to stick needles in me.

He didn't even care about my stinky feet, I just may marry him.

ETA I sat on the ground for lunch today and when I stood up I felt fine! No Pain! It was awesome!

6 Comments:

  • At 9 May 2008 at 14:40, Blogger Alannah said…

    I've been in intense neck pain all week. I went to the chiropractor and he showed me X-rays of how f'ed up my neck is. I have to go see him again today but I'm still DYING OF PAIN.

    I should go to the acupuncturist. I must be a masochist because I think the needles feel kind of neat. that's right. "Neat."

     
  • At 9 May 2008 at 15:49, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i don't know if i'd call them neat, when they stick em in you you get a small pinch and then a muscly type cramp, sort of a tight burn and then you feel nothing really, unless they do moxabustion too and then just a bit of heat

     
  • At 9 May 2008 at 16:01, Blogger Alannah said…

    That's a perfect description of how it feels.

    And I like that feeling....burning off the bad chi!

     
  • At 9 May 2008 at 17:03, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i've gotten really used to it, now when i get stuck i can tell within seconds if he hit the right spot, i find the whole idea of it really funny and feel like i can see myself laying there half undressed with some dude poking needles into my back as i shout just a pinch, there's the ache, or nothing yet. it all just seems so absurd

     
  • At 13 May 2008 at 19:55, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I am a non-believer... but glad it works for you.

     
  • At 13 May 2008 at 21:27, Blogger carolyn says said…

    honestly, i don't care if it's 100% psychosomatic, i'm not limping and i can take the stairs without shouting curse words

     

Post a Comment

<< Home