I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

30 April 2008

My Awesome Mix Tape

I have a DJ name.

After much deliberation I have decided on DJ Zbornak. You may call me Dorothy for short. When in doubt you should always turn to the Golden Girls.

Our dance night also has a name. My Awesome Mix Tape. It's got a Facebook page and everything. I still have to firm up my set list but make no mistake, it is going to be awesome.

People have been asking me what I'm gonna play and I tell them that the centerpiece of my slot will be Hazy Shade of Winter by The Bangles and they seem to need more info. They are all doubters who do not understand the power of The Bangles and the Less Than Zero Soundtrack. As of Friday 9th May 2008 they will all understand!


This weekend is a bank holiday (bank holidays = why I love the UK) and we are going to spend it painting. We'll finish the living room (there was some plaster than hadn't dried fully before) and do the master bedroom in a nice greyish blue color. It's going to be pretty great to finally have a house that is mostly how we want it.

Then, starting the week of 19th May, chaos will reign as we get our bathroom ripped out and replaced by the awesomest bathroom ever. It will have a roll top bathtub, a small shower stall, new sink, new cup boards, new toilet, cream tiles on one wall, beautiful natural slate type tiles onf the floor, underfloor heating (that's right bitches, UNDERFLOOR HEATING!) and it will no longer be the most hideous shade of blue known to mankind. I am psyched. I don't even care how middle class I sound yammering on about my new bathroom, it will have underfloor heating! If that makes me a yuppy then I don't care, because my feet will be warm all year round and that will be worth the 2 weeks inconvenience while they install everything.

Then, Mike D (no, not the one from the Beastie Boys, the one from Allen Park, Mi) will be visiting and we have not seen him in, Christ, 4.5 years! And that is totally wrong. He promised to buy pizza and beer thus securing my undying devotion.

THEN in mid June, finally, FINALLY (I know I'm playing fast and loose with the Caps Lock today but I just can't help it) we got to the Dominican Republic for what I fully expect to be the laziest week of my life.

There is lots of good coming up

ETA I forgot to mention this! I got a ticket to see Sebadoh do a Don't Look Back show next week. They will be performing all of Bubble and Scrape at KOKO on Wednesday. I'm not like some crazy mad Sabadoh fan but they are a band I thought I had missed out on seeing so I am pretty excited about this chance to see them. Generally I am opposed to reuninon tours of any sort, but occasionally (like for The Pixies or Devo) I will makke exceptions. Sebadoh totally warrants an exception.

5 Comments:

  • At 30 April 2008 at 18:11, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    I think that I've mentioned this to you before, but in case I did not: Hazy Shade of Winter is awesome. Well played.

     
  • At 30 April 2008 at 21:03, Blogger carolyn says said…

    you clearly belong at My Awesome Mixtape on Friday next. How soon can you get to London?

     
  • At 5 May 2008 at 00:07, Blogger Frank said…

    Once something has a Facebook page, then it's truly legitimate. Much the same way a relationship is not real until it's confirmed on Facebook.

    And if you say, "Well I don't have a Facebook," then everyone knows you're not a true member of society.

     
  • At 6 May 2008 at 02:56, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, you remembered my hometown. I usually keep that one to myself as I'm more inclined to say "Metro Detroit" these days. And it has been like six years since I last saw you guys --you might have been living with Dana at the time, or am I making that up?

    Very looking forward to seeing you guys. Um, the food's not as bad as everyone's telling me, is it?

     
  • At 6 May 2008 at 10:50, Blogger carolyn says said…

    gosh mike, i think you're right, it has been 6 years, yeesh! and i will always rememebr Aleen Park because I once got a speeding ticket there. i blame you.

    and some of the food is crap but some of it is very good. we will do our best to keep you away from the crap!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home