I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

03 August 2007

Baseball and Love

My friend Thomas just got engaged at a Cubs game. According to his Myspace bulletin his lady proposed and he said yes. Then the Cubs won. Their engagement was announced on the big board thingamadoo. Romance is not dead.

My other friend Dana just got engaged too. While walking along the beach in Roger's Park and sunrise her young man proposed and she said yes. Yet more proof in favor of romance. Well, romance in Chicago anyhow.

Dana and her young man will be in London on Friday and I am very excited to see them and toast their marriage. I like it when friends get engaged and rather than having a sinking feeling in your gut you just feel happy and excited for them. And that is how I feel in both these cases. Because any woman who knows Thomas well enough to propose to him in one of his happiest places (surrounded by baseball, beer and encased meats) is clearly his soul mate. And any man brave enough to choose jewelry for Dana (she's a jeweller and a perfectionist) is clearly her soul mate.

Hooray for Thomas and Dana and their forthcoming nuptials!

1 Comments:

  • At 9 August 2007 at 19:12, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I knew one person to get engaged at a sporting event... the marriage lasted less than two years. Hope your friends last longer... and become White Sox fans! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home