I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

23 July 2007

RyanAir can bite me

If you are ever traveling in Europe and you want to get where you are going late you should fly in an aeroplane owned by RyanAir. The flight attendants will be rude and it is very likely that you will arrive at the airport after all the local public trans has shut for the night. Especially if you are on the last flight of the evening into London. And then, if, like me, you have to go to work the next (no, no let's call it the same day) you will get the fun of being so tired that you want to die! I am not 21 anymore, I need more than 3 hours of sleep! And, seriously, forcing me back onto English coffee so soon after Italian? Totally not cool.

All bitching about budget air travel aside, Venice was amazing. The food doesn't measure up to the other Italian cities I have been to (or Paris for that matter) but as a place, as a city that just seems to rise out of the water, it is astounding! And so long as I am plied regularly with Gelato and Prosecco I can overlook most culinary deficiencies. I'm pretty easy in that respect.

We spent a lot of time looking at Biennale art. The best of which was the Mexican pavilion and the Gypsy pavilion.

I want to go back to Venice. In the autumn or the spring next time though. That way I can experience the city without the sun stroke.

Pictures will follow I just haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

ALSO! If any jerk talks to me about the new Harry Potter other than to say how awesome it is, I will bring the pain! So keep it quiet because I couldn't buy it in Venice, it would have made my carry on too heavy!

2 Comments:

  • At 24 July 2007 at 14:40, Blogger ReckenRoll said…

    And it would have been in Italian? Yeah?

    I won't ruin anything but I will say I thought the last six pages were kind of unecessary. Interested to hear what you think...

     
  • At 24 July 2007 at 14:49, Blogger carolyn says said…

    oh no, we heard more american accents in venice than the last time we were back in chicago.

    there were all sorts of shops selling english language versions.

    i will discuss the ending with you tomorrow! i should be done by the end of my commute home tonight

     

Post a Comment

<< Home