I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

17 July 2007

I got a few things to tell you

I'm sorta back, but changing the rules for myself.

I need to not write about work on here anymore. I'm feeling paranoid lately and one way to keep that at bay is not to do anything that would give me cause for paranoia. So, even though I try to keep specific details out of it, I think it would be best to not write about office politics any longer. Although they've all been shitty if you wondering, but just normal shitty, not like last week when everything was extraordinary shitty. So that's good, sort of.

I am also going to try to cut back even more on all the moaning. Not that I only want to write about happiness, joy and light but I'm bored of myself being such a complainer. I'ma try to tell more funny stories, and while some of them will be pessimistic at core, they will still be funny. Or, at least, wrly humourous.

I will also try to improve my grammar. I know it is atrocious.

The following is not a rule, but rather, a sad fact. Oliver has a viral infection and even though he is on the mend he has been in sad shape since last Wednesday. He's got to take antibiotics and I haven't been letting him outside because I want to keep an eye on him. He just lays around and looks pathetic, although now that he's seen the vet he is eating more and seems a bit more lively. Sick kittens (even those who are practically full grown cats) are the saddest ever.

The following is also not a rule, but rather, a happy fact! I made a carrot cake on Sunday. It was vegan and had a soy based cream chease frosting and then I sprinkled crushed pistachios on top. I took a picture of it, but haven't put it on the computer yet. It was an awesome cake though and I love it. I am the carrot cake queen. Respect.

3 Comments:

  • At 17 July 2007 at 19:43, Blogger Alannah said…

    Boo to office politics. Boo AND a hiss.

    Poor Oliver! Do you know how he got it?

    And yay for the carrot cake. I looooove carrot cake. Sounds delish.

     
  • At 19 July 2007 at 18:08, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I love the new rules! I find myself bitching so much that I just become a bitchy person. And the world does not need another bitchy person.

    Love love love carrot cake. Not down with the soy crap... but glad it worked for you! :)

     
  • At 28 July 2007 at 20:11, Blogger OCPD said…

    Mmmm, cake. What recipe did you use? I have developed a unhealthy cake addiction and get very excited about new vegan cake recipes x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home