I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

09 May 2007

good and bad

i don't have crohn's disease or colitis, yay! but we still don't know why i constantly feel like someone is shoving hot pokers into my stomach.

next week i will have an ultrasound of my gall bladder, liver and pancreas done. luckily, i don't have to drink 2 pints of water directly before going in like i did when i had the ultrasound of my kidney done last year. that was no fun. i like to be able pee whenever i want. i'm no good at holding it in, just ask my dad, he learned that very valuable lesson when i was about 5 and he didn't listen when i asked him to stop tickling me.


i'm still just generally a grumpus. i'd very much like to be totally physically well again without worries about my joints or my stomach or what i am and am not allowed to eat.

grumpus grumpus grumpus.

i should knit myself a sweater that says grumpus

6 Comments:

  • At 9 May 2007 at 15:27, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Fingers crossed - its probably from not having any delicious American food lately... All will be fine.

     
  • At 9 May 2007 at 16:02, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    I too would sometimes pee when tickled. Thankfully I grew out of it. Maybe we can mail you some White Castle to make you feel better.

     
  • At 9 May 2007 at 16:19, Blogger Alannah said…

    I invite you to join me on the Grumpus-exorcising Liver Cleanse 2007. It means having no delicious-yet-terrible food for two weeks and feeling like total crap for at least a few days when you're first detoxing but then it gives way to a light and clean and happy feeling the likes of which I can hardly describe. Until I inevitably slide back down into the dirty sludge of alcohol, sugar and fat.

     
  • At 9 May 2007 at 16:46, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i dunno about this liver cleanse business. what do i gotta give up for it? do i need to eat hippie stuff?

     
  • At 9 May 2007 at 16:46, Blogger carolyn says said…

    also NO WHITE CASTLE! Taco Bell is encouraged but white castle is satan's work!

     
  • At 9 May 2007 at 17:20, Blogger Alannah said…

    Not really so much hippie stuff...but weird stuff like flaxseed oil and evening primrose capsules and lots of lean protein and veggies. And fruit. That's important. I can't get behind a diet that doesn't include fruit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home