I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

10 April 2007

Easter Weekend

4 day weekends are sort of a tease.

You get used to this life of leisure and then you have to go back to work. And going back to work is no fun.

The act of waking up and leaving the house this morning was possibly the most difficult of all time.

I really, and by that I mean REALLY, need to win the lottery. And if I won the lottery, I wouldn't keep my day job in order to "keep it real" or "stay grounded." I'm already plenty grounded enough. I would mostly drink champagne and and eat bon bons.

4 Comments:

  • At 10 April 2007 at 13:50, Blogger Alannah said…

    Hear hear! I am with you 110%. Who says you can't keep it real with a gigantic HD TV, full cable, French champagne, exotic cheeses, and a masseuse on call?

     
  • At 10 April 2007 at 13:52, Blogger carolyn says said…

    for real, i don't think it gets any more real than that

     
  • At 10 April 2007 at 15:17, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    Being grounded is so b.s. If you won the lottery would you want to go to work where everyone knew you won the lottery... and they would all bitch about how they are having money problems... blah blah blah. No way.

     
  • At 10 April 2007 at 15:55, Blogger carolyn says said…

    no joke, i don't care about anyone else's money problems as it is because (a) mine are important and (b) the problems of my coworkers annoy me.

    i am certain i would care even less if i were crazy rich and full of expensive champagne, bon bons and fancy cheese.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home