I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

26 March 2007

O Weekend

I remember you so fondly.
I remember the good times we had,
writers' group, they gave me really good feedback and a cigarette and a glass of wine
doing work in the garden, there was sunshine and the smell of rosemary
the kitten running around showing off for me
We went out for a nice dinner
I had apricot stuffed chicken and a lovely white wine.
I slept in past 10!

O Weekend!
why did you have to go?
What did I do to offend you?
Do I smell bad?
Because I can fix that!
I could smell better if it would make you stay.
Did my dinner suck on Sunday?
I'll never make mushroom paprika again!
Did Oliver bite you?
He meant it in a loving way, really!

O Weekend,
let's us never fight.
If you would only come back quickly
I would name my next kitten Weekend
I would name my first born Weekend
because I miss you, Weekend
I miss you a lot!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home