I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

13 March 2007

Shameful Confessions

  1. i seriously considered buying a pair of Crocs to accomodate my messed up toes
  2. i want to buy that gnarls barkley album. i know it's been out forever and crazy was totally overplayed, but i want it.
  3. i miss my weekend reruns of the golden girls like mad
  4. i watch the delayed episodes of american idol every weekend even though i never watched the show in america
  5. i cannot believe that sanjaya didn't get voted off last week! i was actually upset by this occurence and said out loud "what the hell america?"
  6. jeremy and i are seriously considering naming our next cat Dawg. we think this would be pretty funny.
  7. funnier even than our original plans to name oliver Innit in homage to our cockney brethren.
  8. i've been reading romance novels again. they're like xanax when i am feeling anxious. i read once that episodes of law & order help people suffering from depression feel a little bit better because they have a firm structure (conflict, resolution, punishment or in more basic terms beginning, middle and end) and that helps people focus. i think my romance novels do this for me.
  9. in particular, i am fond of the julia quinn bridgerton family series. the covers do not feature anyone who looks like fabio and the dirty parts are okay if a bit vanilla and the characters are likeable and funny. they are easy books, but that's okay, sometimes when i am feeling like a spaz i need an easy book.
  10. i have never read a lot of the classics ie moby dick, wuthering heights, a room of one's own, jane eyre, heart of darkness, the inferno, paradise lost, and many many others. my english degree could be taken away for this reason along with many crimes against punctuation at any point

5 Comments:

  • At 13 March 2007 at 19:38, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    #1 - resist the urge.
    #10 - I have a masters in English and of the seven or so you listed, I've only read 2 (I think). So what does that say about me??

     
  • At 14 March 2007 at 06:10, Blogger Unknown said…

    the english degree police are totally going to come for both of us! get a wig so you can hide from them

     
  • At 14 March 2007 at 13:59, Blogger 5 of 9er said…

    the golden girls... really? reallu?

     
  • At 14 March 2007 at 14:53, Blogger ReckenRoll said…

    I have a minor in English and have read Heart of Darkness, Wuthering Heights, the Inferno, and parts of Paradise Lost. I tried a Room of One's Own.

    I can't say I'm a better person for it, or that I get hidden meaning out of anything because of it...but I can say I've read them.

    Oh the humanity!

     
  • At 14 March 2007 at 17:46, Blogger carolyn says said…

    mr 9er you'd better not diss the golden girls, that was one of the funniest shows ever!

    golden towers is another story, on paper cheech marin and estelle getty look like comic genius but in reality it does not work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home