I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

11 April 2008

DJ What Now?


  1. I need to figure out some sort of DJ name for May the 9th when I will be playing my musics in the opening slot of our dance night at The Dogstar in Brixton. Maybe DJ Mypursegotstolenacrossthestreetfromhere or DJ Whitegirl or DJ Walk Like Your from Michigan? Something to ponder. We still don't have a name for the night in general and it sounds like my suggestion of Turn Down the Suck is not in the lead, it is in fact 4th place on the official polling website with Top Shelf in the lead.

  2. I started acupuncture this week. There were needles in my butt and my knee and my back. All I could think as the needles were going in was that my Grandpa would totally have fainted at the thought of such a process (he has a well documented fear of needles) and that made me feel sort of like a bad ass, but not really, I doubt I would have managed as a fireman in the navy during WWII with quite the same panache as he did. But still, I didn't faint. I did discuss my poo, my eating habits and my tongue in fairly extensive detail. In case you were wondering, my tongue veers off to the side a bit which normally happens with sroke victims, I suffer from a yang deficiency and my arthritis is a hot wind problem. Oh and the acupunturist got really excited when I told him that the arthritis really kicked in the day after we flew from London, this is, apparently very important, possibly a sign of a Wind stroke and could be the key to all my toubles, acupuncturally speaking. Next week we discus diet. If he tells me to cut back on the Top Ramen Oriental Flavor Noodles, we could have a problem.

  3. My ass has gotten bigger. I'm sure this could be partially blamed on the aforementioned Top Ramen Oriental Flavor Noodles but I think it might also be down to my lack of excercise for the last couple months because of the arthritis. In order to combat the spread I have joined a local pool with my friend Paula at the suggestion of my Physical Therapist. I can now be seen dog paddling like in the fashion of an epileptic terrier at the Peckham Pulse twice a week. As you can guess, this is a very good look for me. Swimming laps is a lot more work than I imagined and I imagined and I am hopeful that it ill make me svelte or at least less assily endowed.

  4. I'm going to Brighton on Friday. While there I plan to drink coffee, look at the sea, drink coffee, eat nice cakes, write a best selling novel, drink coffee, read a book or 5, celebrate my very last day as a 30 year old, berate myself for not writing a book yet even though I swore I would have one done by the end of this year, drink coffee, create an action plan in order to get a stupid first draft finished by the end of the year, eat cakes, try not to hate myself for falling short of the goals I set for myself last year at this time, and maybe take some pictures. I'm looking forward to having the day off. After Brighton I'll be meeting up with my brother to go out for dinner and do some gloating about being our parents' favorite. We like to keep score as we both tend to fall in and out of favorthroughout any given year. Currently I am solidly in favor despite the fact that I have provided no grandchildren and live far away and he is solidly out of favor despite the fact the has prvided 3 grandchildren and live 45 minutes away from my parents. Ever since we reached adulthood we've had this weird competion going on, sometimes we gloat about being the black sheep, sometimes we gloat about being the favorite. It all depends on what you did to get you into your current position or which shift was more unlikely.
  5. As you may have surmised from point 4, the family Kohl is currently experiencing an awful lot of drama. It is both nice and horrible to be physically removed as I currently hame. Mostly it's just weird but I'm making do and have not bought any more cigarettes since the start of the drama about a month ago.
  6. I got my eyes checked on Monday and they showed me a picture of the back of my eyeball. It was pretty cool.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home