I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

27 February 2008

Conference calls . . .

make me hate my life. In fact, they make me die just a tiny bit each time I have to participate in them. Especially when the host dials in as a participant and I have to listen to crappy oboe heavy music for 10 minutes.


I know, I've been away for an age and this is what I come back with, a statement of the obvious re: conference calls. Thrilling.

We've been working on the house for the last week. Both Jeremy and I took the week off and spent the time painting, fixing walls and refinishing the floors in the living and dining rooms. So, if you need to know anything about refinishing pine floors in Victorian houses let me know, I may be able to give you some top tips.

It turns out that actually doing work on your house is really hard. Not, like intellectually hard, but if you've got the muscle mass of a kitten, as I do, it's pretty physically demanding. BUT, and this is an important but, the house finally feels like it's really truly ours after living there for just over a year. The living room is the right color and the floors are bright and gap free. We just have a little bit more to do in the living room and it will be 100% done and the dining room just needs the furniture put back in place.

I am a home owner. Fear me as I enter the comfortable middle class and prepare to bore you with tales of DIY and organic vegetable delivery. This could be a very long, very boring ride.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home