I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

15 August 2007

Took a tumble

I've been feeling kind of down the last few days. I thought myself sick again on Monday night and barely got any sleep so I called in sick on Tuesday. My stomach did still hurt and I did still feel lousy.

I'm spending a lot of time at work lately making sure that other people are happy and as a result have not been paying much attention to the fact that I am pretty miserable. I'm at my office too much and that means I'm not writing and I'm not at home when builders come by to give us quotes and the second bedroom won't turn itself into a writing space, now will it?

But there are good things too. My friend Dana and her old boyfriend/new fiance were here this weekend and it was really good to see them. Also, her cat The Foodlion (an awesome crosseyed bosom cuddler of a cat) who was very sick when she left Chicago appears to have made a full recovery. We walked up One Tree Hill on Monday morning and saw a very nice view of London. We went to the Wapping Project on Monday night and saw good art and ate better food (I had treacle tart, it was awesome).

But still, I am feeling pulled under right now. I blame the drunken fall I took (or rather am told I took, red wine + my period = NO CAROLYN NO!) on Sunday. I bumped my stupid head. I need a change, but it can't be too major because I still need to pay my share of the mortgage and keep Oliver well fed. I'll be better soon, I know I keep saying that, but really, I mean it this time.

2 Comments:

  • At 15 August 2007 at 22:38, Blogger Alannah said…

    I think you should at least give yourself, say, a six month deadline to secure a less-stressful job.

    Can Stella and I come stay in your writing office someday?

     
  • At 16 August 2007 at 06:54, Blogger carolyn says said…

    a) the thing is that in 6 months my job is probably going to be totally different, i just don't know if i have 6 months in me

    b) hells yeah, we've got a futon mattress waiting for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home