I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

22 February 2007

Aylesbury Housing Estate

I take a different bus to work in the morning now and it cuts through Aylesbury Housing Estate in Wandsworth on its way to Elephant and Castle. On the side of one of the tower blocks there is a lit up sign that just says "NOBODY IS NOT LOVED"

I know this is probably some evangelical thing but there are no church signs near it and it just makes me feel nice when I see it each morning. I like the dubious nature of the statement and the sort of double negative. I like that I can see it even when the bus windows are all steamed up.

I need to take a picture of it one of these days, I would like to put it above my writing desk so when I am feeling untalented and down on myself I can remind myself that even the Aylesbury Housing Estate believes that I am loved.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home