I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

27 December 2006

exactly!

it's nice to know i'm not the only one who gets annoyed by christmas cards for this reason.

last year people seemed to get that a: i have my own first name and that b: i also have my own surname. but this year they seem to think that i've grown out of the need for both.

i know it's not the biggest deal in the world, but seriously, my name isn't mrs jeremy anything, it's carolyn something else, take two seconds at the very least to allow me a first name, and just for kicks, try respecting the choice i made to keep my surname. it's short! only four little letters, and it means cabbage in german so it's fun too! and it's disrespectful to call me by the wrong name, jerkwads!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 28 December 2006 at 04:58, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said…

    Do you also share your last name with a discount department store?

     
  • At 28 December 2006 at 08:47, Blogger carolyn says said…

    i do, but sadly no direct relation, not that i am a huge fan of said department store but a little discount would probably make me a bigger fan. and rich relatives never hurt either, especially if they are old and in ill health with a particular fondness for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home