I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

18 December 2006

zombie need sleep

i'm tired. i stayed up too late playing a stupid computer game and then reading a dirty book. and when my alrm went off this morning it was in the middle of a dream about writing. someone i used to go to high school with told my mom i wasn't a writer anymore and my mom was really really mad at me for not telling her and i had to prove to her that i was still a writer by reading this really good story. and it was really good, i could tell, my dream me was surprised i'd written it. but my stupid rooster alarm went off before i could see my mom's reaction and then after i hit the snooze button i couldn't get back into the dream.

whenever the bad men are trying to shoot me in the grocery store parking lot i can always get back in the dream, but when i am about to unlock the secret to good fiction, no such luck. bastard dreams.

i found out today that one of my coworkers applied for my job and didn't get it. and i can see why she didn't get it but i feel bad and sort of awward about it at the moment. it'll pass.
i don't think she cares that much as she's trying to move into a totally different department anyhow. but it must have been frustrating for her, and i know it's not my fault exactly, but i feel kind of weird about it right this second, because i like her, and she's been a huge help to me here, and she mostly gets my name right.

but enough work talk. i'm tired and i want to have the end of my dream. and tonight i have stupid houseworkk crap to do. dishes, a little bit of laundry, ironing clothes, and i need to actually write, so that no one from high school tells my mom that i'm not a writer anymore.

4 Comments:

  • At 18 December 2006 at 15:27, Blogger Alannah said…

    Yeah yeah yeah....but what dirty book was it? I REALLY NEED A DIRTY BOOK FOR CHRISTMAS.

     
  • At 18 December 2006 at 16:21, Blogger carolyn says said…

    look for the black lace collection,that's what they're called here, very little plot, plenty of IT with kink, i am also rekindling my love for the historical romance but those can be pretty hit or miss, email me if you need more specifics, i can only admit to this shameful habit so much on the public interweb

     
  • At 18 December 2006 at 16:32, Blogger Alannah said…

    Ok...gotcha.

    I like dirty stories that are just dirty (any of the Herotica series) and dirty stories with decent plots a la In The Cut. I'll join you in public shame!

     
  • At 18 December 2006 at 17:31, Blogger carolyn says said…

    these black lace ones may be for you then, technically they're erotica, but i think that's an attempt to make them nicer than they are only a bare bones plot at best

     

Post a Comment

<< Home