I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

12 December 2006

from salon.com (because i want to be more like alannah!)

i've been wondering about this myself

i had a big long entry about this but for some reason it didn't take. maybe blogger isn't ready for either option!

now i don't have time to rewrite it all, but suffice to say, i find this to be a really interesting question, and like the author of the article i also find it troubling that black women are always left out of the equation.

there was also some mention of my general dislike of team clinton and then concern that this is caused by some latent sexism inside me that i haven't addressed yet (the horror!) and then a what if about the results if they ran together on a combined ticket.

there were a few more witty asides in parentheses as well, i do like a good bracket.

so, yeha, what do you think about it? i want to know.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12 December 2006 at 12:52, Blogger Alannah said…

    I don't mean for my news source to be so myopic, but Salon seems to cover more than anyone else!

    I think about this issue a lot. I can't shake the feeling that sexism is deeper and more ingrained than racism in our culture...people "know racism is bad" but I doubt they often question their own inherent sexism. This means that black women are fucked, basically.

    I can't help but think that we'll have a black male president before a female president (and BLACK FEMALE?...no f'in way...not anytime soon).

     
  • At 12 December 2006 at 14:01, Blogger carolyn says said…

    that's my view right now too, i still get the feeling that both men and women are fearful of the whole menstrual woman with her finger on the button bullshit. a non-white man can still be rational, but any woman will obviously be prone to fits of hysterics!

     
  • At 12 December 2006 at 14:10, Blogger carolyn says said…

    also, salon is where i get all my news from too, jeremy is always saying, you read that on salon didn't you? when i come home all full of liberal outrage, which sadly is very often

     
  • At 12 December 2006 at 14:57, Blogger Alannah said…

    ME TOO!!

    Are you a Premium subscriber? I should really bite the damn bullet and become one.

    I love their media writers and of course Broadsheet and the Daou Report..and..and ALL OF IT.

    I love liberal outrage. It's my fuel.

     
  • At 12 December 2006 at 18:37, Blogger Alannah said…

Post a Comment

<< Home