I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

02 November 2006

tired


i'm tired of my ankles. i'm tired of the fact that almost a year after i ate a dodgy omelotte at a cafe in barcelona i am still suffering from the consequences. i am tired of myself talking about it but it's all i have to talk about, it seems. i know i bore people with my incessant blah blah blah about salmonella and achy joints but sometimes i can't think of anything else to talk about. sickness is not interesting, it does nothing to make you interesting, it only inspires pity and the sluggishness of the mind. arthritis in people under the age of 70 does nothing for your character it is only annoying and inconvenient. yesterday the doctor told me it might take 18 months to go away. everyone else has said it would take about 6 months. and of course there is the chance that these remaining pains in my feet, hip and jaw will just stay forever, my toes are already permanently, if only cosmetically affected, why not add regular and lifelong pain to that.


barcelona, beautiful but deadly!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home