I Am Not A Reliable Narrator

01 November 2006

vampirism and shooting related bus mishaps




after my rheumotology visit today i was sent to have blood tests taken. the lady who called me back had dyed orangish hair and walked with a stoop. she shook constantly and called me dearie and led me to the cubicle where she proceeded to draw blood from my right arm in the most efficient and painless manner ever! i was amazed. kings college hospital is a teaching hospital so you often get somewhat less than average care (especially in the blood draw cubicles) so it was really awesome to be so pleasantly surprised by this palsied old woman and her nimble needles.

but then, oh then, camberwell was shut down due to a non-fatal shooting last night and all the buses were being suspended, not rerouted, oh no that would have made sense, but completely stopped, unless they were going to the west end, which was not where i needed to be. so i had to back track back to scenic peckham and wait at the murder bus stop next to the murder library (don't get me wrong, i love that library but there have been two murders within ten feet of it, that place is a murder magnet!)

i know this will make me sound shallow and selfish but why can't the police here get it together so that my bus journey isn't doubled by a non fatal shooting that happened last night? i kno that gun crime isn't as common here, but geez!

yeah i'm a bad person, it's the rock solid truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home